Portfolio, Program and Project Management
Kyanite provides highly experienced program and project management consultants (10 years + on average) to help advise and lead client Portfolios, Programs and Projects.
We guide our clients through complex business transformation initiatives and help to build solid foundations for future growth. Our seasoned consultants have a wealth of knowledge, tools, models, approaches and real-world experience to bring to the table. Our consultant’s spirit of innovation and pragmatism is key in assisting our clients build pathways to success.
Project Management Methodology Implementation
After taking into account the size of your organisation, the quantum, complexity and duration of current projects/programs and your current operational model, Kyanite can develop project management methodology and processes to meet your organisation’s needs. It’s important to have the right level of process, associated with the appropriate tools and templates to enable your project teams to deliver. There’s no need to start from scratch. We will evaluate the current state of your processes and utilisation across your organisation. Our expert consultants come equipped with a toolkit of processes, forms, and templates to draw from that can be used to subsidise what you already have. The key is to have the right level of process to maintain control and deliver projects in an expedient manner.
The deployment of methodology is not a one-time event. Once you have a process and tools and templates developed, they must be deployed. There are many different methods that can be used to deploy new process and standards within an organisation (some examples are classroom training, workshops etc). However, one of the most effective methods is to have a Kyanite coach to work alongside Project and Program Managers to ensure that the methodology is properly put into practice.
Project Management Coaches and Mentors
Kyanite can actively coach and mentor key people in your organisation on all aspects required for successful project management. They work closely with your project managers and project personnel to build project management competency while ensuring successful execution of projects.
Our Project Coaches & mentors can assist in the following ways:
- Coach your staff in project management processes, methods, and best practices to accelerate the effectiveness of major change initiatives that impact the entire organisation
- Working side-by-side with one or more of your project managers to apply standard project management practices in a consistent manner
- Review the status of projects in the portfolio and make recommendations for improved execution through the coaching and mentoring of project managers
- Identify risks early that could potentially negatively impact on the project, and develop mitigation plans
- Conduct project health checks to identify issues in a timely manner and assist team members in taking appropriate corrective actions when necessary
- Foster collaborative working relationships and develop a community of project management practitioners
- Reinforce recent training to ensure concepts from the classroom are put into practice
- Fill in for an extended period of time during an unexpected absence of the project or program manager